Last week's poll question asked: Is your company still offering cleaning/disinfecting services?
PCT readers were evenly split (51 % Yes and 49% No) on this question.
Although some pest control businesses have long offered cleaning/disinfecting services, most launched this offering in spring 2020 when they were pivoting in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Jim McHale, president of JP McHale Pest Management, an Anticimex company, Buchanan, N.Y., said, “During COVID we had a significant amount of work in NYC,” including food pantries. “When people went back into the office another spike was observed. We are doing very minimal amount of work now.”
Participate in our newest reader poll question: How active were termite swarms in your area in 2022 compared to 2021?
Latest from Pest Control Technology
- Pushing for Preemption
- Nominations Open for NPMA’s Impact Awards for Women in Pest Management
- A 'Recession-Proof' Pest Industry
- Chicago Tops Orkin's 2023 Top 50 Bed Bug Cities List
- PestCo Acquires Romney Pest Control and Phenom Pest Protection
- Orkin Names Patrick Chrzanowski New President as Freeman Elliott Retires
- Mass Appeal
- Modern Pest Services Acquires EcoChoice